Welcome to the website of the Northern California Chapter of the Historic American Landscapes Survey (HALS).
We hope this website promotes the documentation, preservation, and enjoyment of historic landscapes in California.
If you are seriously interested in historic landscapes, please join us and get involved.
- Read the agenda of the 2016 Q3 Conference Call of the ASLA HP-PPN HALS Subcomittee
and our Chapter's Annual Report to the ASLA Northern California Chapter.
- ASLA awarded a Merit Award in Historic Preservation to the HALS documentation of Doyle Drive.
- ASLA is featuring the HALS documentation of the Sunset Headquarters Garden, which won the 2015 HALS Challenge.
Janet Gracyk wrote the article, and Gordon Osmundson and Chris Pattillo provided photos.
- Wednesday, July 27, 2016 2:30PM
HALS Northern California Chapter - Quarterly Conference Call
- Saturday, August 6, 2016 11AM-noon, San Francisco
TCLF - Free Halprin-Series Tour -- Levi's Plaza
- Saturday, August 13, 2016 11AM-4:30PM, Sea Ranch
TCLF - Free Halprin-Series Tour -- Sea Ranch
- Saturday, September 18, 2016 10AM-11:30AM, Sacramento
TCLF - Free Halprin-Series Tour -- Capitol Towers Apartments
- Friday-Sunday, September 23-25, 2016, Chico
CGLHS - Conference
ABOUT US |
© HALS Northern California Chapter 2013